Consumers today can choose from a wide range of topical agents that can be applied to the skin for various purposes including anti-aging, skin hydration, wound healing, skin infection and inflammation, UV protection and cosmetic improvements.
The advent of complex personal care products requires relevant systems to understand the disposition and effect of the topical applications on normal and disease-affected skin. BioreclamationIVT is a leader in providing in vitro assay services and tissue-derived models for toxicity, skin disease and other personal care R&D research.
The importance of human skin as a model for in vitro testing for cosmetic and medical therapies has increased in recent years. BioreclamationIVT delivers diverse human skin products from a variety of patient populations. Based on your needs, tissue and its derivatives are sourced from either live donors or cadaveric donors. As always, we can create a custom collection program to suit your research requirements.
- Adipose aspirate
- Full thickness
- Matched set (skin tissue, blood & adipose tissue)
- Primary cells
- Microsomes, S9 & Cytosol
- Skin homogenate
Human & Animal Species
- Rodent (mouse/rat)
|Skin Type||Live Donor||Cadaver Donor|
|Demographics||Skin Tissue &|
|Age, Race & Gender|
* Live Tissue Serology: HIV-1,HIV-2, HBV, HCV, RPR.
Cadaver Serology: HIV-1, HIV-2, HBV, HCV
- Dermatomed skin (100-800 µM)
- Dissected hair follicles)
- FFPE blocks/slides)
- Separation of skin layers (epidermis, dermis, hypodermis))
- Skin discs prepped for permeability & absorption studies (2-10 mm diameter))
- RNA/DNA extraction)
We work with a variety of primary skin-derived cell types. Our expertise in cell culture allows us to produce high-quality, relevant data from even the most challenging cell models.
Assay services included:
- Cell toxicity
- Mitochondrial dysfunction (ATP, MTT)
- Oxidative stress (ROS, RNS, Super Oxide)
- DNA damage (PARP assay)
- Customized gene expression studies
Learn more about our services. Click Here!